PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY.
Who to Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
5345 Towne Square Drive, Suite 140
Plano, TX 75024
What Types of Personal Information are Collected
The personally identifiable information that may be collected might include your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Additional background information might be collected in connection with specific inquiries.
Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
We use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide services which we offer.
- Provide marketing information to you.
- Personalize your experience when using our websites.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; data analytics; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory.
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Sharing of Personal Information
Risk Settlements may make Personal Information available to:
- Our group companies
Other Risk Settlements companies may have access to and use of Personal Information in connection with the conduct of our business where appropriate.
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Risk Settlements may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, courts, law enforcement, and tax authorities; and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Risk Settlements has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Risk Settlements will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
Despite Risk Settlements’ best efforts, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
Personal Information of Other Individuals
If you have submitted personal information to Risk Settlements, under most circumstances you have the right to reasonable access to that data to correct any inaccuracies. You can also make a request to update or remove information about you by contacting email@example.com, and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your PII by Risk Settlements to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. Risk Settlements, does not share, sell, rent or trade your PII with any third parties for promotional purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Other Information We Collect Through our Websites
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most websites or automatically through your device, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, and time of the visit, page(s) visited. We use this information to ensure that the Websites function properly.
Third parties may collect information about your use of the Websites or online services.
Below is a description of some of the cookies we may use on the Site, what they do, what data about you they collect and what we may use them for:
- Geo Location cookie – When a visitor visits the Site for the first time we read their location from their IP address and use this information to assume the country site that they want to visit. This method is not entirely accurate, however, so when they navigate to a particular country site we use a cookie to store this information and to store the language that they chose to view the site. The next time they visit the Site we read the cookie and present the same country and language version they used on their last visit. This has the intended benefit that they don’t need to reselect the country site they need each time they visit a Risk Settlement website. No Personal Information is collected or used by the cookie.
- Site Catalyst cookie (by Adobe) – This cookie enables us to collect and analyze data about how visitors arrive at the Site and then how they interact with the Site, including products they may search, content they may view, and the steps leading up to a completed or abandoned sale. We use this aggregated information to adapt the Site to better serve their and other users’ needs and interests, and to provide more relevant and useful information. The cookie is placed on a visitor’s PC on a temporary basis only. The cookie does not collect or use their Personal Information. Instead, it logs an anonymous code which identifies users and this code “follows” the user in their journey through the Site. We use the aggregated and anonymous information for statistical analysis.
- DoubleClick cookies – We place a tracking pixel cookie on to all Site visitors’ computers for the purpose of our banner advertising activity. We use these cookies to know that a visitor has been on the Site before which allows us to display an appropriate banner ad on to an affiliated network website. No Personal Information is collected. One of the advertisement companies that we use is Google, Inc, trading as DoubleClick. For more information on the DoubleClick cookie, or to opt out from the DoubleClick advertisement cookie please visit:http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
- Affiliate cookie – We use a tracking pixel cookie, which is put on a visitor’s PC and collects only the transaction ID (which identifies the affiliated website the visitor has come from) and a time and date stamp. This enables our affiliate network partners to track affiliated sales and ensure an affiliate is credited for a sale referred to us. It does not involve any passing of Personal Information.
You can refuse to accept the cookies we use by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Websites and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Websites and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Websites and response rates.
- Using your Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Using information provided by you: Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate and use certain information (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, or if we combine Other Information with Personal Information, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Risk Settlements’ websites are not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 18. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 18 and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Risk Settlements Websites.
Changes to this Policy
Questions and Comments
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy or Risk Settlements’ personal data processing policies, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org